Monday, October 10, 2011

It was...Ojok Morris. In the maize garden. With the knife!

Yesterday. I innocently. Stumbled upon. A murder. Yes. A murder. The murder of. A poor. Defenseless. Chicken. Yes. A chicken. I was just walking. Minding my own business. When. Suddenly. I looked up. There. Just in front of me. The whole scene was unfolding. I did not. By some gracious favor from Heaven. Have to witness the actual act of execution. But. Let me assure you. The effects of said act .Were just as horrific. 

There it was. The poor. Flightless. Bird. Flailing about. Like. Well. Like a chicken with its head cut off. And.There they were. The perpetrators. The conductors. Of such. A heinous crime. Laughing. Laughing with not a care in the world. However. It was. The one. The Butch Cassidy. The Godfather. The ringleader. Of the whole business. Who seemed to reap the most pleasure. From his crime. His Villainy. His delinquency. 

 Not a look. Not a sound. Of regret. Or sorrow. Shone in his eye. Or passed his lips. Only laughter. Only shrill. Cries. Of delight! Once. And. Only once. Did he speak. Only to say. "No. No you leave it. It will die." Followed. By another round. Of sinister cackling. 

Needless to say. By this point. I was beyond distressed. I was. Horrified. Sickened. Rocked. To my very core. Never. Never. In my life did I think. Such sweet. Wholesome. Little ones. Could be capable of. Of. Such a deed. Such an atrocity. 

My bubble. Has been burst. My rose colored glass. Shattered. My innocence .Irrevocably. Taken from me. Dear reader. I know. I know that you too must feel this loss. This cannot come lightly to you. You. Who have grown to love. To adore. To cherish. These "sweet" children as I have. Nevertheless. As much as I would love to. Nay. Need to stay. And commiserate our loss together. I must away. It is time. For lunch. And I believe. We are having. Chicken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment