Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Pink Cover

I have a pink semitransparent hard cover on my computer. I bought it the last time I was in the states to protect my new comp from the dirt and grime of my African residence. I wanted to make sure the pretty shiny silver surface of my mac would last as long as possible.  The translucency of the case allows for the glow of the apple to still be seen. I like that. It' like my comp is saying "Hey I am still me under this protective shell. See I still glow."  

Papa is making me like my pink semitransparent hard cover. 

I am in a valley. My only companion is the refining fire of the Holy Spirit. I actually don't mind the fire much. It is burring up gross bits of flesh that distort the image of God in me. However, just because I don't mind it does not mean it doesn't burn. It burns. It burns real bad. So bad it feels like it has been burning for months. It has been a week. Just 15 more to go. 

There is hope though. Hope. That in 15 weeks somewhere in me my spirit will be pretty and shiny. Hope. That in 15 weeks I will have a pink semitransparent hard cover of suffering and perseverance to make the shininess of my spirit to last. Hope. That in 15 weeks nothing. No attack. No lie. No Enemy of Darkness. Will be able penetrate my pink semitransparent hard cover. Hope. That this fire will have built within me a strength that cannot not be shaken. A will that comes from above. A love that will not quit. A covering of the Almighty.

Through this pink semitransparent cover of God my pretty shiny spirit will be glowing. Glowing with gladness. Glowing with joy. Glowing with glory. Glowing with the knowledge that through hope and by hope we walked through the valley. 

"…And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into out hearts by the Holy Spirit  whom He has given us." -Romans 5:2-5 

No comments:

Post a Comment