Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Divine Glory. Sweet Beautiful Grace.

It was that time of day. You know the time between light and dark. It was cool. My heart was overwhelmed. "I don't know if I can do this." "I don't think I can do this another day." I could feel the weariness deep down in my bones. The thoughts flashed through my mind. "I can't Papa." "I just can't." And the door cracked open. That's all it took. Just a little crack. The sticky sweet voice of the Evil One came seeping through. "If only people could just see you now," it crooned. "If only they would just talk about you!" "Look what you are doing. Living in Africa. Eating African food. Day in and day out. If only they would give you some credit. Some glory. Some praise. Then maybe you wouldn't be so tired. No, I am almost sure it would help. Seek your praise. Forget His. This is for you! The time is now!" On and on. The whispers came. Suddenly I stopped. "What am I doing!" "Oh Papa! Forgive me! Save me from myself. Not to us oh Lord not to us! For Your glory alone."

And with that the door slammed shut. Then softly. Quietly. The tender sweet voice of the Father came. It came in a song. A song about His love for us. A song about His terrific jealousy for us. A song of hope. A song of His glory. A song of grace. A song of how He loves. How He loves us so. As the words come bubbling forth from my spirit and rushing over into my soul and then finally overflowing from my mouth He showed me. He showed me how He loves.

She was walking up. I was walking down. We met in the middle. Her sweet smile. Her arms open. Ready for an embrace. It was like no other I have ever had. But there was more love to see. More love to be had. There came another. Running. Ready. Crashing together. Sweetest of hugs. Sweetest of smiles. Sweetness of life! "Oh, Papa this is how you love! You give! Oh, how you give." Children to love! How sweet! How wonderful! How glorious! What grace. What perfectness. What ecstasy.  He gives. He gives children. Sweet. Sweet. Children to love. For His glory. For His glory alone.

1 comment:

  1. See you are a teacher. True teachers teach for the children. Love you.

    ReplyDelete